Wear Sunscreen!

March 13, 2010

Today Tom and I had to pay an unexpected visit to the Dermatologist.  This past week we received the phone call everyone dreads to receive….. that a mole recently removed was indeed more than just a mole.  So, it appears that Tom’s years as a lifeguard at the Jersey Shore have caught up to him.  The entire mole, plus extra, was removed, so if it was all contained then he’ll be fine.  But as a lupus patient I know how deadly the sun can be.  Yes, it's an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, but not when you bask in it for hours on end without sunscreen protection.  Any tan you ever see on me these days is all spray-tan.  Plus everyday of my life I wear 30+SPF sunscreen.  I don't go ANYWHERE without my sunscreen!  Tom does the same thing and refuses to go out in the sun without sunscreen too.  Plus we both wear protective sun clothing.  Coolibar has the best around that we can find.  Check them out at http://www.coolibar.com/

No comments: