Miss America Pageant 2010

January 31, 2010

WOW!  What a great few days this has been.  My dad, Tom and I just returned from the Miss America Pageant in Las Vegas.  We had SUCH a fabulous time together!  It was the first time I have had the chance to see the Miss America Pageant live in Las Vegas.  Living in NJ, when the pageant was hosted by Atlantic City, it was so easy to get there, but Las Vegas is quite a hike for us East Coasters.  Regardless, it was fabulous!  We stayed in a luxurious room at Caesar’s Palace overlooking the fountains at the Bellagio.  It was so meaningful to spend time with my dad.  The three of us had a ball trying our luck at the slots.  He won!!  Of course we had to get in a few shows too.  We saw Jersey Boys and Phantom of the Opera.

The pageant itself was AWESOME!  Katie Stam ----- the oh-so-beautiful Katie Stam ----- did such a lovely job crowning her successor, the beautiful Caressa Cameron.  Seeing all the contestants up close and personal was simply a joy.  They truly were gorgeous!  Of course I was mostly rooting for our local girls NJ, PA and DE, and they did in fact make us all proud!

The Trade Show was bundles of fun, as I saw one gown after another gown after another cocktail dress after another pair of shoes (LOL) that I wanted to buy.  Hanging out with my friends at The Red Carpet was a blast!









No comments: