Go Red Day at the NJ Statehouse

Did you know that AED’s (automated external defibrillator) are not located in every public place?  If your Mom or Sister were to have a heart attack while you were sitting together in the movie theater, would you know what to do?  Or where to go to look for an AED?  Well, I didn't either!  Not until I assisted at the Go Red For Women Day at the Statehouse in New Jersey.  Currently AED’s are the only life-saving therapy available for victims of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.  My NJ state advocacy directors are working on legislation to make it more amenable for the AED’s to be located in more public places and to remove any concern about using them in the case of an emergency.

Spending the day with my state AHA and Go Red chapter at the Statehouse today was such a nice time! Interacting with my state legislators never grows old!  Any time I have the opportunity to meet with them is always such an honor.  I’m glad I was able to assist in their outreach efforts in making every man and woman aware about the risks of heart disease.  My “Miss NJ International” sister queen, Brielle LaCosta, was with me and together we had an extremely enjoyable day!

No comments: