Destiny!

November 19, 2010


The word DESTINY, as defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, is "a predetermined course of events often held to be an irrestible power or agency".  The first known use of this noun was back in the 14th century and is still used today by many to describe their fortune.  Destiny is an extremely powerful word that I have found myself coming in contact with more and more lately.  Just within the past two weeks I was introduced to someone at my job who has lupus and she asked me to explain it to her in non-medical terms.  She is the mother of 5 children and is very scared about her future.  One of my best friends, whose unemployment benefits ran out this week, finally got the call that she got the job.  And one of my Make-A-Wish kids got his recent MRI results back and they were in fact CLEAR; life can go on for him.  I could go on and on, but you get the drift.  Destiny is what happens when life takes over.  Destiny is God speaking to us in His loud voice.  Are you listening?  If you're not then you better!  We can all create our own destinies by trusting in those around us who take care of our hearts.  Allow yourself to have faith to those who care about you, as they are the ones who make your life worth living.  To love and be loved are the greatest gifts of all!

Your love is the greatest gift I've ever got....
I'll always keep it close to my heart!

As always, thank you to those who continue to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  With your support these incredible kids all have the opportunity to see their greatest dreams fulfilled.  To find your local Chapter please visit the national MAW website at www.wish.org

Love,

No comments: