Mummy Dogs

October 31, 2012
 
Happy Halloween!  Here in New Jersey we are attempting to recover from Hurricane Sandy, which proved to be quite destructible.  I hunkered down with my family and we survived the worst together.  I think I gained two ... um... rather ten pounds from doing nothing but eating everything in the fridge.  I made a fresh chicken roast with all the sides one night.  Pancakes the next night.  All with a glass (or two) of wine by my side.  It was a delish hurricane party to say the least!
 
So, on what should be a frightfully fun Halloween day, trick'or'treating here has been postponed until Friday night.  Oh snap!
 
Well, that just means I have a few more days to make a platter of irresistible mummy dogs.  Here's how they go ~ stretch refrigerated dough around mini hot dogs, making sure to let the meat show through the folds.  Bake until golden (about 12 minutes) and finish with capers or dots of mustard for eyes.

 
 Enjoy your own Halloween wherever you are! 

Until the next time... My love to ALL! 


No comments: