A fat roll!

January 9, 2011

Let’s just get it all out there… a spade is a spade… and a muffin top is…A FAT ROLL!  There, I said it!  Despite Spanx and every other suction cup created, that’s what it is.  Right, girls?  So why don't we do something about it, fulfill this year's (and every year's) New Year's resolution, and get ourselves back to healthy!  I'm bringing healthy back, how about you?  Ok....well despite that glass of wine that I treat myself to every once in a while.....alright, sometimes more than every once in a while....ok, whatever, regardless wine is supposed to be semi heart healthy, right :) ?

Anyway, all you need is a goal, a plan and a desire to live better.  That's according to the American Heart Association.  The first thing to do is manage your blood pressure.  I visited one of my doctor's this past week and my blood pressure was 80/60.  Seriously!  They wondered if I was a dead woman walking?  Yes, I am dizzy at times (no comments from the peanut gallery!), but otherwise I know that my blood pressure matters and influences my risk for a lupus flare and another stroke.  It's no mystery that I've had a few too many lupus flares these last many years and two mini-strokes, but keeping my blood pressure in a healthy range (less than 120/80) is key.  So, my friends, reduce your salt, get regular exercise, maintain a healthy weight for your height, manage your stress and don't smoke!

No comments: