Breast Cancer strikes again!

January 24, 2011
As I dusted off my pom-poms yesterday and practiced with the NFL Philadelphia Cheerleaders for our performance on February 17th at Drexel University for the Pink Zone Game, I was given the news today that a friend was undergoing a mastectomy due to breast cancer.  She is in her 30's, a wife, and a mother of two precious children.  She came through the surgery well and now it's on to radiation.  May God bless her!

At work today I had an emotional talk with a dear friend.  He and I reminisced about loosing another one of our dear work friends to breast cancer a few years ago.  She was in her 30's as well and battled the dreadful disease for many years.  Doesn't it seem as though everyone knows somebody who has been diagnosed with this incurable disease?

My stepmother is a survivor.  She's onto her 3rd year THIS MONTH!  On January 29, 2008, she underwent surgery to remove the malignant tumor from her breast.  Now, almost three years later, I continue to pray that God hears my prayers to keep her cancer free for the rest of her life.

I will be attending my friend Janis' funeral on Friday.  She lost her life to this disease last Thursday.  A wife and mother of two teenage sons.  She was so young!  She was a beautiful woman!  We have 2.6 million views; please continue to help us fight this hard fight!



No comments: