Wishes granted daily

December 3, 2010

After finishing a very busy week at my job, I still wasn't too busy to continue to grant wishes to 'one child at a time'.  Little Charlie was my darling this week!  Charlie is a dear, precious boy with a heart of gold.  Like many, he suffers from cancer, but his strength, attitude and courage are impeccable.  I'm mentoring a new wish granter, her name is Suzanne.  She's a wonderful woman who will make a fine lead wish granter one day very soon.  Together we are working on Charlie's dream wish; what an incredible joint effort and time together!

Also, my Taylor just returned from her special wish to Hawaii to swim with the dolphins.  Although I can't publicly post pictures of her, this photo of the 'kissing dolphins' best describes her magical wish come true.  :)  It literally brought tears to my eyes to know first-hand the magic that the Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Jersey brought to her.  Now, she will always remember back to this amazing wish come true and know that it was given to her with hope, strength and joy.

I also want to send out an extremely big THANK YOU to one of my best friends, Danielle and her husband Randy.  They were recently on a cruise over Thanksgiving with Royal Caribbean.  Little did they know that Royal Caribbean and the Make-A-Wish Foundation were teaming up for a special "Wishes at Sea" fundraiser.  Dani and Randy participated in the walk-a-thon in MY honor (WOW!) and I just can't thank them enough.  I love you both, Dani Dear and Randy, thank you so very much for supporting my efforts!

I continue to thank the Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Jersey with whom all these incredible wishes would not be possible.  I've grown very close to the wonderful people who work there, as they are my friends.  As I've mentioned before, close to 800 children are diagnosed EVERY YEAR in the state of NJ with a life-threatening medical condition.  We are only referred about 400 of them annually.  That's still 400 remaining every year that do not have the chance to have their fondest wishes come true.  What we need most are those referrals!  Children between the ages of 2.5 and 18 years of age are eligible.  Their illness must be life-threatening, but not terminal.  Please PLEASE think of the MAWF when you come in contact with an ill child.


With Love,

No comments: