Goodbye, Elizabeth Edwards!

December 7, 2010


I lost a dear friend today.  Elizabeth Edwards!  Despite never have met her in person, I developed a liking to her back in 2007 when I read her autobiography "Saving Graces".  She charmed me much like she charmed America.  Her smart, likeable, down-to-earth personality caught my attention as much as it did the media's.  In fact, back when I was honored to win the title of Mrs. New Jersey US 2007, I was asked in my onstage interview what book I had read most recently.  My response was HER BOOK!  Despite party differences, Elizabeth was a mentor to me.  She was an honorable woman and I looked up to her.  I feel a sudden sense of loss and grief due to her passing.

The very last sentence of "Saving Graces" ends with, "I've had a good life, and I just want to thank you for it."  Well, thank YOU, Elizabeth!  My heart goes out to you.  And may you finally be reunited with Wade, your son, under the wings of the Angels flying in Heaven.

Love,

No comments: