Our Hearts, Our Choice!

April 28, 2010

Heart disease is the #1 killer in women!  Have you checked your blood pressure lately?  Do you know what your numbers are?  When was the last time you listened to your heart and slowed down?  When was the last time you exercised?  Heart disease is a silent killer.  Be empowered by learning the signs and symptoms of a heart attack or stroke.

I didn't know the symptoms even when I was having my TIA's.  They hit me out of the blue!  Sitting at my desk at work!  Doing my job!  A few hours later I found myself laying in the Stroke Unit at Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia.  Today I have numbness in my left face and my left toes.  I monitor my blood pressure and try to keep myself healthy (despite my love of sweets!).

Don't let yourself be a statistic.  Listen to what your heart is telling you!
Our Hearts, Our Choice!
Be sure to visit the American Heart Association website to find a local Chapter near you.  www.AmericanHeart.org

No comments: