Mrs. New Jersey International 2010


October 10, 2009
Today was such an INCREDIBLE and EMOTIONAL day for me filled with my loving family and my very best friends!  Today I was crowned as the new Mrs. New Jersey International 2010!!!  It is a day I will never ever forget, as I am so extremely blessed, honored, humbled and overwhelmed with this great achievement.  Tom placed the oh-so-beautiful crown on my head with the help of one of my very best friends, Mary Moulds Mrs. New Jersey International 2009!  I just can't begin to tell you how meaningful it was for me to not only have Mary crown me, but my dearest Tom as well.  It's not everyday that one is crowned by her husband!

My new director, Jodi Cessna, and her husband Scott have welcomed me into their pageant family with HUGE open arms.  I have known them for a few years now, but have never really "known" them as I do now.  They are the kindest, most giving couple one could ask for in directors and now friends.  I am SO grateful to be a member of "The Cessna Bunch"!!!

My year as Mrs. New Jersey International 2010 will be spent promoting my passion, the Make-A-Wish Foundation (MAW)!  My state chapter here in NJ is an unbelievable group of people who live and work to make wishes come true for children who have life-threatening illnesses.  And for anyone who knows my background you know that this couldn't be more of a perfect fit for me!  Tom and I are Wish Granters for this impactful organization.  We go into children's homes and have the upmost pleasure of asking them, "If you could have one wish, what would it be?"

My year will also be spent promoting the Mrs. International national platform, the American Heart Assocation and the Go Red For Women movement.  Heart disease is the #1 killer of women, so I commend the pageant system for focusing their work on such a powerful topic.  I have been involved with the AHA for many years now, so my will to continue working with them as Mrs. New Jersey International 2010 could not be more perfect.

I will be competing for the national title of Mrs. International 2010 in Chicago, Illinois on July 16-17, 2010.  As I embark on this incredible journey given to me I promise to do everything in my power to make my state, my husband, my parents, my family, and my friends as proud of me as they possible can be.  Princess Diana was a icon to me, as she was the "people's princess".  If I can touch people's lives as she touched ours, then I will have succeeded!






No comments: