Lost!

April 1, 2014


With all the news about the lost Malaysian flight, it has caused me to reflect on my own life and how at times I felt off course or even lost.  During these times, I felt disconnected from who I wanted to be and knew I had to quickly get myself upright again.  In previous blogs, I’ve discussed the idea of knowing where you are and using anchors to ensure you don’t drift off course.  It’s important that if you have wandered in the wrong direction to realize it as soon as possible in an effort to resume your life as it was meant to be - sound, safe, and whole.

This is not to say that being in unfamiliar territory during our journey in life is a bad thing.  Sometimes I’ve experienced the most growth and learning by taking a course into uncharted areas of my life.  With good intent and planning, nothing should stop us from taking a leap of faith that could lead to exploring your boundaries and discovering new things about your capabilities and the big world around us.  The difference between being lost and pushing into new paths isn’t about how comfortable you feel, but how connected you are to your mission.  Sometimes during great trials and challenges, I’ve had peace knowing that I was where I was supposed to be and that God had intended for me to develop character.

May we all find our way despite endless twists and turns on this journey called Life.  May the person in the mirror always reflect what you admire and desire others to see in you.

My love today and always,

No comments: