Everyone has a 'Suzy Komen'!

April 22, 2011

Everyone has a 'Suzy Komen'!  A Susan G. Komen for the Cure that is!  My personal Suzy's are my stepmother, my Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader director/choreographer/mentor, my former boss, my former boss' wife and a few others.  Who are YOUR Suzy Komen's?

On Mother's Day, Sunday, May 8th I'll be walking in the Susan G. Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure in Philadelphia.  Susan was only 36-years-old when she passed away.  Nancy Brinker, her sister, founded the Susan G. Komen for the Cure over 25 years ago.  What began as a promise to her dying sister has evolved into the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors.

I'll be walking with Team Ra-Ras!  You all know about them, you've seen my previous blog postings.  I encourage everyone to continue to support "Team Ra-Ras Kicks Breast Cancer" on YouTube.  We have 3.4 million clicks already.  We need to reach 5 million.  With 5 million comes $50,000 from UnitedHealthcare to the Komen Philadelphia affiliate.  www.komenphiladelphia.org/video





Thank you for all your suppport,
 

No comments: