And the winner of "Make-A-Wish Wednesday" is.....

June 6, 2010

Congratulations to JULIE WINTER RZECHULA for winning "Make-A-Wish Wednesday"!  I received so many entries, thank you everyone for playing!  Julie answered all the questions correctly and was the winner using a computer randomizer program.  Julie is the reigning Mrs. Washington International 2010 and I can't wait to meet her in person at Mrs. International in Chicago in July.  Congrats, Julie!


THE ANSWERS ARE:

1. Who was the very first “Make-A-Wish” child?  What was his wish?
The Make-A-Wish Foundation traces its beginning to one boy’s wish.  In 1980, 7-year-old Chris Greicius was being treated for leukemia.  Every day, he dreamed of becoming a police officer.  His wish did indeed come true!

2. What is the mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation?
We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.

3. What ONE volunteer position requires the most significant time commitment, is the highest level of volunteering offered by Make-A-Wish, and requires constant training and orientations?
Wish Granting is the highest level and is exactly what my husband and I are.  How blessed we are!

4. What are the four most requested wishes categories?
a. I wish to go
b. I wish to be
c. I wish to meet
d. I wish to have

5. Who is eligible to receive a wish?
A child with a life-threatening medical condition who has reached the age of 2 1/2 and is under the age of 18 at the time of referral, is potentially eligible for a wish.



No comments: