Life is a funny thing!

December 29, 2013


I’ve been thinking lately about how our lives often reflect the same warmth or coldness we show others.  Like granting wishes, I’ve always found that giving kindness to others paid off in my own happiness.  Likewise, when I found fault in others, negativity and clouds formed in my own life. Rather than waiting for someone to do good things for me, I can infuse feelings of joy in someone else by doing something special or by simply smiling or paying someone a compliment. 

Have you noticed lately a growing sense of entitlement in our society as if more people feel they are being shorted by events, people, or circumstances in their life?  Instead, could it really be a case that our society is showing less gratitude and appreciation?  Even with an improving economy, many seem to be stuck with a gloomy outlook and cold feelings toward others.  Personally, I’ve noticed that having a sunny and grateful disposition has produced even more blessings in my life.  It’s as if I got in return what I expected to see.  The more positive and cheerful I remain, the more I experience it in my life.

While hidden by clouds at times, may we all feel the ever present sunshine that is available when we share our warmth with others and feel it reflected in return.

Love,

No comments: