Time to Cheer!

March 30, 2013

Have you ever noticed how fans eagerly cheer as sports heros enter the arena or field of play?  Doesn't it feel odd that we don't see or hear cheering as much as we like or need in our lives?  Yes, I've cheered professionally in grand stadiums myself and we all cheer for loved ones or friends at graduations, performances, or contests of beauty, talent, or strength.  Still, I feel that we all need to cheer and hear it more frequently in life.

In many settings, I feel the absense of heart-felt cheering.  I've encountered so many who lament that they have no feeling of deep appreciation for their achievements or sacrifices.  What a terrible shame!  I believe that many suffer from the idea that cheering might give someone a "big head."  If that is the worst consequence, so be it.  All of our friends, family, and work colleagues need to hear and feel our appreciation!  If others laugh or take me less than serious because I decide to cheer the success of others, so be it.  It's Time to Cheer and LOUDLY!

At the base of what motivates a young child or newly adopted pet is this need to be acknowledged by ones who are close.  Sure, distant fans and social media acceptance are great for our egos, but it is from people with whom we regularly interact that we need appreciation.  I have been blessed by family and friends who support me through thick and thin.  I thank God for them everyday!

I have an idea that unfortunately feels original in this tough and demanding world.  Even if co-workers stop cheering and we feel unappreciated ourselves, we have the chance to let someone know our thanks.  Reach out to them personally and to their parents and bosses to let them know we appreciate all their efforts.  Life wouldn't be the same without these positive moments of acceptance and acknowledgement.  Our imprint in the sands of life will be left whether others acknowldege them or not.  However, they will mean that much more to the person leaving their mark that others see and feel them.  Let's do our best to leave positive impressions in life, and with excitement, let others know what they do we also see and feel too!

Please consider a volunteer job or donation to the Make-A-Wish Foundation in your state.  Every donation, no matter how small, is put to such excellent use for such beautiful young hearts in our country.  Click on this banner to find a donation that's good for you.



My love to you today and always,

No comments: