Happy Mother's Day

May 13, 2012

Mother’s Day is an absolutely splendid time of year.  I’m so blessed to have my beautiful mom near me, thriving in her busy retirement years.  She has been a guiding light to me since the day I was born and continues to this day to love me unconditionally despite my crazy wonderful ways.  J  I admire her.  I appreciate her.  And, I love her with all my heart! 

Here’s a delicious Pound Cake recipe to make for your mom.  It’s my favorite and has been a stand-out in my recipe book for years.

Butter Pound Cake

* 3 cups all purpose flour
* 2 cups Sugar
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 4 eggs

Heat oven 325 degrees.  Generously grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan.  Beat sugar, butter, & eggs.  Add remaining cake ingredients and beat 3 minutes on medium speed.  Pour into prepared cake pan.  Bake 55-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  DO NOT remove cake from pan.  Cool completely and then remove from pan.  Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar. The butter pound cake recipe is ready to serve...enjoy the cake!

 Please continue to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation. No matter what state you live in, YOU can make all the difference in the world to just one child who is suffering from a life-threatening illness. Thank you for being their wind beneath their wings!



No comments: