For Good!

February 23, 2011


As a huge fan of musical theater, namely Broadway, one of my favorite shows is the fabulous Wicked.  Wicked brought the house down when it arrived on Broadway in 2003 with original cast members Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel and Joel Grey.  This wonderfully crafted smash hit of a show has garnered a ton of great songs, however "For Good" closes the show and forever brings tears to my eyes.  (Yes, I'm a sap!)  The song confirms the true friendship, forgiveness and love between two friends.  The words are so beautiful and constantly remind me that so many people have touched MY life and have changed ME for good.  And for them, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me who I am and helping me to be a better person.

I’ve heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason…
Bringing something we must learn and we are led...
To those who help us most to grow, if we let them…
And we help them in return.
Well, I don’t know if I believe that’s true…
But I know I am who I am today, because I knew you.

Like a comet pulled from orbit, as it passes the sun…
Like a stream that meets a boulder, halfway through the wood…
Who can say if I’ve been changed for the better, but…
Because I knew you….I have been changed FOR GOOD!




No comments: